Programming 3: Interfaces and techniques
After completing the course, the student is able to participate in the implementation of a larger software product.
- Modularity: Principle of locality, abstraction, encapsulation, interface, namespaces, design by contract
- Inheritance: Base and subclasses, ownership of objects, dynamic binding
- Team work: Version control in modern software development, division of labour
- Software quality: Unit testing
- Exceptions, exception guarantees
- Use of generic programming
After completing the course, the student
- knows how to use the typical programming tools and is able to explain their roles in software work.
- knows how to program modules that are in connection to their environment through predefined interfaces.
- is able to interpret interface documentation and understands the principles of design by contract.
- knows more programming language structures than before and is able to use them in their programs.
- can explain the concept of inheritance and is able to use it in their programs.
To complete the course, the student must obtain enough points from exercises and pass an electronic exam.
The course material is available in Finnish and English.
More information in the Tampere University study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
API rajapinta ohjelmisto tekniikka
Further information about the course and studying
Contact person for applications