Sustainable and digitally enabled business models
Max amount of FITech students: 15
Persons without a valid study right at a Finnish university or university of applied sciences have preference to this course.
In this course, students will develop their understanding and entrepreneurial skills of business model innovation in the context of
- multi-actor networked value creation.
- sustainability-driven resource efficiency, acknowledging and adopting to new institutional rules of business.
The course modules focus on:
- Digitally enabled sustainable value creation
- Customer-centric value innovation
- Business model innovation
- Mobilising business model
- New institutional rules of business
After successfully completing this course, the student
- understands business model as a concept and the different elements of a business model.
- understands what business model innovation is.
- can apply business innovation methodologies in practice.
- understands how business model is mobilised by different (digital) tools.
- understands the institutional challenges of introducing novel business models into market.
Videos, reading, video lectures, quizzes and online assignments.
Self-study online modules (graded 1–5) and assignments (graded 1–5).
Two mandatory online classes:
- 20.3.2023 at 14–16
- 24.4.2023 at 13–18
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
kestävä liiketoiminta, muutosjohtaminen, arvo, customer value, networked value creation, institutional change
Further information about the course and studying
Contact person for applications
Industrial engineering and management