Back to all coursesStart here
System and application security
- Fundamentals of cyber security
- Malicious software: infection methods and strategies, hiding strategies, malware detection
- WLAN encryption and security
- Server weaknesses and exploits
- Software safety and security, system safety and security by design
After the course the participants will
- have advanced knowledge of the characteristics of computer systems and applications that are critical in terms of information security.
- develop advanced expertise in the role of information security in computer systems and application software.
- have advanced understanding on the vulnerabilities in networked systems and how a malicious party may try to exploit them, and how to make systems and software safe and secure by design instead of considering safety and security as added features.
More info on University of Turku’s study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Further information about the studies
Contact person for applications
Industrial engineering and management,
University of Turku
Study is open for:
Place of contact learning:
DTEK1050 Computer Network Technologies or other courses on network technologies