Battery fabrication and testing
Regardless of application, batteries are ubiquitous – starting from portable devices, smartphones, and laptops, through electric vehicles of various sizes, ending at large energy storage systems to support smart grid and renewable energy generators. Battery producers use different fabrication technologies as well as different methods of testing the performance of the batteries. This course offers students both theoretical and practical principles of Li-ion battery cells fabrication and testing.
The course is composed of four lectures:
- Introduction to various battery architectures
- Battery components and cells fabrication methods
- Overview of battery cells testing (electrochemical and EIS)
- Testing protocol design and good practices
After successfully completing this course, the student will be able to
- identify and classify battery cells’ architectures.
- list and explain different methods of battery cells fabrication.
- classify and compare various methods of battery cells’ testing methods.
- interpret and assess the results of battery testing.
- design basic test protocols for different battery cells.
The materials provided to the students will be divided into three groups:
- Lecture materials (slides)
- Lecture materials – videos
- Practical videos how to fabricate and test battery cells
The lectures will be offered as a recordings (available online). No need for any additional software.
To complete the course, the students will be required to write an essay (5 pages A4, 15-20 references) about one of the related topics, proposed by the teacher.
More information in the University of Oulu study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Hakua koskevat kysymykset
Energiavarastoinnin sovellukset ja teknologiat,
Kemia ja materiaalit energiavarastoinnissa