The challenges of combustion processes are today more and more related to chemistry.
- Introduces industrial scale combustion systems and the chemistry associated with the formation of main emission components.
- Introduces fundamental theoretical tools, including the use of expert software, for studying chemistry in combustion processes.
- Provides theoretical basis for working in academia or industry with chemical issues of combustion processes.
After completing this course, the students are expected to be able to:
- Define terms and concepts relevant to industrial combustion.
- Describe the basic principles of industrial combustion systems and the chemistry within them, including the formation of main emission components.
- Apply fundamental chemical theories for interpreting emissions from combustion processes.
- Analyse combustion-related problems using expert software by following given instructions.
Intensive studies organised in Turku. If needed, check the possibility for online participation with lecturer.
More information on Åbo Akademi’s course page.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Lisätietoa opintojen suorittamisesta
Hakua koskevat kysymykset
Kemian- prosessi- ja ympäristötekniikka