Computer networking I
On this course, the student will learn to design, develop, configure and maintain a small home or office network. Furthermore, the student will understand the basic concepts of networking applications design and development.
- Computer networks and the internet
- Link layer and local area networks
- Network layer and routing
- Transport layer
- Application layer
During this course the student will:
- get fundamental knowledge about computer communications;
- understand the concepts of addressing and routing;
- practice building and configuring a realistic small home/office network;
- become familiar with Internet protocols: TCP/IP, Ethernet, HTTP, DNS, etc.
- be able to identify the basic elements of a computer network and explain their functions;
- get a clear overview of existing and future Internet technologies
Lecture notes, slides and other complementary materials.
Lecture recordings and other materials are available on the course platform.
The course will primarily be based on flexible self-studying.
Homework and an exam. For FITech students, flexible mechanisms are pursued.
More information in the Tampere University study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
tietoliikennetekniikka, tietoliikenneverkot, Internet, tietokoneverkot, tiedonsiirtoprotokollat
Further information about courses and studying
Contact person for applications