Max amount of FITech students: 20
Persons without a valid study right at a Finnish university or university of applied sciences have preference to this course.
The course gives an overview of algorithms, models and methods which are used in automatic analysis of visual data.
- Image formation and processing
- Feature detection and matching
- Motion estimation
- Object recognition
- Image-based 3D reconstruction
After the course, the student
- is familiar with basic concepts and methods of computer vision.
- understands the basic principles of image-based 3D reconstruction.
- is familiar with techniques used for automatic object recognition from images.
- can design and implement common computer vision methods and apply them to practical problems with real-world image data.
Lecture material is partially based on the following books:
- R. Szeliski: Computer Vision: Algorithms and Applications (link)
- Hartley & Zisserman: Multiple View Geometry in Computer Vision (link)
The course has lectures, weekly exercises and an exam. You can complete everything but the exam online.
- Lectures (Online), Mondays at 10:15–12:00
- Exercise sessions (Online), Fridays at 12:15–14:00
- Guidance sessions (Otaniemi), Thursdays at 14:15–16:00
- Exam (Otaniemi), Friday 16.12. at 9:00–12:00
More information on Aalto University’s course page.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
konenäkö AI tekoäly kuvan prosessointi visuaalinen data algoritmit
Hakua koskevat kysymykset