Max amount of FITech students: 30 adult learners
The course discusses various subjects on satellite positioning technology and receiver design, such as signal acquisition and tracking, measurement errors, and integration with INS.
- GNSS signal structure: GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Beidou.
- How a receiver acquires and tracks the GNSS signal.
- Software receiver design principles.
- Multi-system receivers.
- Hands-on work with software receiver.
- Integration of GNSS with other positioning sensors (e.g., inertial); Kalman filter, tight vs. loose integration.
- Position estimation from GNSS and uncertainty, estimation techniques.
- Robustness and integrity issues.
- GNSS augmentation systems.
The objective of the course is that students
- gain a deeper understanding of satellite navigation systems and technologies (e.g. GPS, Galileo) that have wide applicability in today’s society and industry.
- understand receiver design issues in particular with a software GPS implementation.
- learn basics about GNSS/INS integration as well as GNSS with other positioning sensors.
- are able to analyze the performance of various positioning systems by applying the information and tools provided in the course.
Exam, exercises and course work assignment.
More information in University of Vaasa’s course page. Course schedule is available in Peppi, when implementation is published.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Hakua koskevat kysymykset