ICT enabled service business and innovation
Max amount of FITech students: 30
NB! This course is full. Please see Digital Platform Economy as an alternative course.
Persons without a valid study right to a Finnish university have preference to this course.
This course is a combination of theory lectures, visiting lectures from industry, and case assignments from the following themes:
- Digitalisation of society: A high-level view to digitalisation and servitisation of economy, industries, and companies
- Platform economy: Platforms, ecosystems, two-sided markets, and other relevant concepts
- Digital strategising: Platform stack, open-source, APIs, etc.
- Trends: Changing topics and trends driving digitalisation, such as MyData and blockchain
After the course you
- understand the role of ICT and software in driving digitalisation of industries and society in general
- can apply theoretical concepts to analyse real world cases of digital transformation
- are familiar with current trends that drive digitalisation
- are aware of the critical perspectives related to digitalisation
- understand digital platforms and their underpinnings, as well as platform competition and strategising
Assessment methods and criteria:
- Participation in lectures (around 50% required, pass/fail)
- Self-study online modules (pass/fail)
- Assignments OR exam
This course cannot be taken with CS-EJ5311 Digital Platform Economy. Minor changes to the course information are possible. Check MyCourses before the course begins.
More info on Aalto University’s WebOodi course page.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
alustatalous digitaaliset alustat avoin lähdekoodi digitalisaatio lohkoketju ekosysteemit
Lisätietoa opintojen suorittamisesta
Hakua koskevat kysymykset