ICT enabled service business and innovation
Max amount of FITech students: 15
Due to the large amount of applications, the application will close already on 20 September.
The course will begin already in the first week of October with independent self-study modules. Online lectures will begin in November.
This course is a combination of theory lectures, visiting lectures from industry, and case assignments from the following themes:
- Digitalisation of society: A high-level view to digitalisation and servitisation of economy, industries, and companies
- Platform economy: Platforms, ecosystems, two-sided markets, and other relevant concepts
- Digital strategising: Platform stack, open-source, APIs, etc.
- Trends: Changing topics and trends driving digitalisation, such as MyData and blockchain
After the course you
- understand the role of ICT and software in driving digitalisation of industries and society in general.
- can apply theoretical concepts to analyse real world cases of digital transformation.
- are familiar with current trends that drive digitalisation.
- are aware of the critical perspectives related to digitalisation.
- understand digital platforms and their underpinnings, as well as platform competition and strategising.
Assessment methods and criteria:
- Participation in lectures (around 50% required, pass/fail)
- Self-study online modules (pass/fail)
- Assignments OR exam
The lectures will be held online. The exam will be held on 16.12.2021 at 9:00-12:00 in Otaniemi.
More info on Aalto University’s course page.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.