This course addresses security topics in practical systems. The course covers multiple topics causing security vulnerabilities in practical systems. Topics cover a wide range of potential issues from physical protection to security evaluation.
- Access control
- Distributed systems
- Multilevel and multilateral security
- Physical protection
- Physical tamper resistance
- Radio frequency emission and security
- Copyright and DRM
- Managing the development of secure systems
- System evaluation and assurance
After the completion of the course the student is able to
- select suitable and adequate information security solutions to suit the security needs of a particular application.
- administer different ways and methods for protecting and managing different kind of digital material and rights (DRM).
- specify a system for electronic identification (biometrics) taking into account both the identification accuracy and the proper and secure management and transportation of the identification data (biometric).
- recognise information security risks caused by subsystems and prevent their occurrences by means of careful information security design of the system.
- Ross Anderson: Security Engineering, 3rd ed.
- Additional material delivered during the course.
Weekly schedule for lectures and assignments during the teaching periods. Details will be available in August.
More information on the University of Turku’s course page.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Hakua koskevat kysymykset