Max amount of FITech students: 20
Persons without a valid study right to a Finnish university have preference to this course.
This course addresses security topics in practical systems. The course covers multiple topics causing security vulnerabilities in practical systems. Topics cover a wide range of potential issues from physical protection to security evaluation.
- Access control
- Distributed systems
- Multilevel and multilateral security
- Physical protection
- Physical tamper resistance
- Radio frequency emission and security
- Copyright and DRM
- Managing the development of secure systems
- System evaluation and assurance
After the completion of the course the student is able to
- select suitable and adequate information security solutions to suit the security needs of a particular application.
- administer different ways and methods for protecting and managing different kind of digital material and rights (DRM).
- specify a system for electronic identification (biometrics) taking into account both the identification accuracy and the proper and secure management and transportation of the identification data (biometric).
- recognise information security risks caused by subsystems and prevent their occurrences by means of careful information security design of the system.
- Ross Anderson: Security Engineering, 3rd ed.
- Additional material delivered during the course.
Completion method: Weekly essays
More information on the University of Turku’s course page.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Contact person for applications