Max amount of FITech students: 10
Persons without a valid study right at a Finnish university or university of applied sciences have preference to this course.
- Basics of audio signal processing
- Basics of psychoacoustics and perceptually motivated signal processing
- Acoustic theory of speech production
- The functions, acoustics and modelling of the larynx and the vocal tract
- Phones and phonation
- Time-frequency analysis of speech signals
- Principles of speech coding
- Linear prediction and its application in processing of speech signals
- Speech synthesis and speech recognition
After the course, the student is able to describe and make use of basic phenomena in speech communication, and describe and apply common speech processing methods, especially processing in the time-frequency domain.
The course can be completed online, but there will a compulsory exam in Otaniemi.
- Lectures (Otaniemi): Mondays 9-12 and Thursdays 14-16.
- Exercise sessions (Otaniemi): Fridays 14-16.
- Exam (Otaniemi) 16.10. 9-12.
The course can be passed in Finnish or Swedish on request.
More information on Aalto University’s course page.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Hakua koskevat kysymykset