5G mobile communications
This course focuses on the requirements, enabling technologies, use cases and applications of future fifth generation (5G) mobile communication networks.
3GPP standard development
- release 15
- on-going developments and future targets and visions
5G core enabling technologies
- flexible physical layer: CP-OFDM with mixed numerology options
- spectrally enhanced CP-OFDM
- mm-wave communications
- massive MIMO and beamforming
- advanced duplexing solutions including full-duplex
- network densification and ultra dense networks
5G new radio (5G-NR) radio interface
5G requirements and use cases
- 5G applications/verticals
- available spectrum
- peak data rates, area capacity, latency, reliability, mobility support
- enhanced mobile broadband (eMBB)
- massive MTC, internet of things (IoT)
- ultra reliable low-latency communications (URLLC)
After passing this course, the students have a good understanding on the potential, requirements, use cases and core enabling technologies of future 5G and beyond wireless communication networks. Particular emphasis is on the 5G new radio physical layer and radio system/network aspects.
Lecture notes, slides and other complementary material.
Lecture recordings and other materials are available on the course platform.
The course will primarily be based on flexible self-studying.
Lecture diaries & presentation. For FITech students, flexible mechanisms are pursued.
More information in the Tampere University study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
5G, 6G, tietoliikennetekniikka, tietoliikenneverkot, tiedonsiirtotekniikka, langaton teknologia, langattomat verkot, mobiiliverkot, Internet
Further information about courses and studying
Contact person for applications