This is a supporting course.
This course gives students basic knowledge in electrochemistry and some of its common applications, for example scanning electrochemical microscopy. Also theoretical knowledge of other electrochemical concepts such as fuel cells, supercapacitors and batteries will be presented.
After the course, the students are familiar with the following electrochemical concepts/techniques/preparation methods:
- Electrochemical reactions at metal and semiconductor electrodes
- Nernst and Butler-Volmer equation
- The electrical double layer
- Basic principles of common electrochemical techniques including e.g. voltammetry, potentiometry, conductometry, electrochemical impedance spectroscopy and scanning electrochemical microscopy
- Fuel cells, supercapacitors and batteries
- Electroactive materials
- Most common electrochemical sensors
More information in Åbo Akademi’s course page.
Further information about the studies
Contact person for applications