Artificial intelligence: Concepts, challenges, and opportunities
Max amount of FITech students: 50 (including max. 5 degree students)
On this course, we will cover topics such as
- algorithmic thinking
- probability theory and Bayesian concepts
- concepts and review of machine learning algorithms
- game theory and decision making
- NLP workflow: text mining, word embedding, skip-grams, cbow
- programming tools: Jupyter and Spyder
- Keras and applications
- Scikit learn
- Orange data management tool
- ethical and societal challenges and categories of ethical challenges of AI
After completing the course, the student is able to:
- Define and explain various artificial intelligence (AI) concepts, challenges, and opportunities: e.g., problem-solving, knowledge representation, machine learning, decision-making, natural language processing, and expert systems.
- Explain fundamental algorithms and the related mathematical and programming concepts of AI.
- List applications of AI in various fields.
- Use AI software or tools for specific purposes.
- Recognize ethical problems related to AI and to suggest constructive solutions to those.
Course completion methods:
Team and/or individual exercises and quizzes.
Student can take this course online but not on their own pace.
More information in University of Vaasa’s course page.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Contact person for applications