Update 28 Sept 2022: The teaching method of this course has changed from online learning to blended learning as presence on campus is required during the course’s practice work.
The course focuses on the following topics:
- IEC61131-3 programming languages, feedback devices, automation hardware and software
- Basics of servo drive dynamics, utilising Simulink models in PLC systems
- C/C++ languages in PLC systems
- HMI, OPC, IoT in automation
- Introduction to safety in automation
Upon completion of the course the student will be able to:
- apply automation and digital control theory to practical implementations
- use the analog and digital communication techniques applied to automation
- apply fieldbuses
- formulate a dynamic system model of motor drives
- simulate servo motor driven mechatronic systems
- construct controllers and models of dynamic systems using IEC61131-3 and C programming languages
- select a proper controller structure
- work in a group solving automation and control problems.
These skills are important in industry as intelligent automation systems are needed in various applications.
Weekly online lectures and exercises. Schedule informed during the course. Lecture recordings can be found on the learning platform.
More information on LUT University’s Sisu course page.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Further information about the course
Contact person for applications