Circular economy for energy storage theory
At this course, the students learn the theoretical context of circular economy and how activity, durability and recyclability of an energy storage application will be affected by material selection. The students get to evaluate the whole life cycle of different solutions and their effect on recyclability. The students prepare different scenarios for future energy storage applications that will take into account circular economy aspects and designs for recycling.
- Identify circular economy concepts and the role of energy in recycling
- Recognize the material choice effect to degradation mechanisms of the system
- Develop new design for recycling approach for energy storage application and justify with scientific argumentation
- Share one’s professional expertise in an online team
- Worrell and M. Reuter “Handbook of Recycling” Elsevier 2014, https://doi.org/10.1016/C2011-0-07046-1.
- Zhang, Jiujun, Zhang, Lei, Liu, Hansan, “Electrochemical Technologies for Energy Storage and Conversion”, Wiley-VCH, 2012.
- C. Sorrell, S. Sugihara, J. Nowothy, “Materials for energy conversion devices”, Woodhead Publishing Limited, 2005.
The course is entirely online and can be taken from distance, no requirements for attendance. There is no exam, but the course includes personal assignments.
More information on the Aalto University course page.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Contact person for applications