The course focuses on installing, managing and using modern cloud platforms. The students learn how to use and manage services in commercial platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform. Moreover, students learn how to setup their own cloud platform.
- Basics of virtualisation
- Using commercial platforms
- Installing and managing open source cloud platforms
- Risks of virtualisation
- Fundamental ideas behind cloud computing
- Programming models in the cloud
The course requirements are successfully pass first 6 exercises. No lectures, video seminars or contact teaching. They have been replaced by educational videos. The course grade and number of credits are based on the number of exercises completed in the course:
- 6/9 completed exercises –> grade three and three credits.
- 8/9 completed exercises –> grade four and five credits.
- 9/9 completed exercises –> grade five and five credits.
Degree students are recommended to complete 8/9 exercises.
The Moodle page opens on 24.10.2022.
Exercises will be graded at 15.1.2023. If you wish to have your exercises graded before that send email to course teacher: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information in Tampere University’s study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
pilvipalvelut, pilvialustat, pilvilaskenta, ohjelmointi, koodaaminen, koodaus, devaus, devaaminen, Virtualization, commercial platforms, Open source platforms
Further information about the studies
Contact person for applications