Computer networking I
On this course, the student will learn to design, develop, configure and maintain a small home or office network. Furthermore, the student will understand the basic concepts of networking applications design and development.
- Computer networks and the internet
- Link layer and local area networks
- Network layer and routing
- Transport layer
- Application layer
During this course the student will:
- get fundamental knowledge about computer communications;
- understand the concepts of addressing and routing;
- practice building and configuring a realistic small home/office network;
- become familiar with Internet protocols: TCP/IP, Ethernet, HTTP, DNS, etc.
- be able to identify the basic elements of a computer network and explain their functions;
- get a clear overview of existing and future Internet technologies
Lecture recordings and other materials are available on the course platform.
The course contains scheduled lectures and/or other learning events, however, the course can also be studied in self-studying manner.
Homework and an exam. For FITech students, flexible mechanisms are pursued.
More information in the Tampere University study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
tietoliikennetekniikka, tietoliikenneverkot, Internet, tietokoneverkot, tiedonsiirtoprotokollat
Further information about courses and studying
Contact person for applications