Computer networking II
During this course the student will:
- understand routing protocols and their functions;
- be able to study the most important architectures and mechanisms for QoS provisioning in the Internet;
- learn how to provide secure communications in computer networks;
- identify QoS requirements of various applications and choose protocols to support them;
- will have an opportunity to design a corporate network in a lab.
The course also includes a short introduction to network security and protocol design. Additionally, the course provides a survey of modern Internet technologies such as MPLS, cloud computing, distributed file systems, as well as future internet technologies such as IPv6, Internet of Things etc.
Lecture notes and video recordings of the lectures.
Completion of a course exam and homework.
More information in the Tampere University’s study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Communications Engineering Computer Networks Internet Technology tietokoneverkot verkkotekniikka internet teknologiat tietoturva pilvialustat IoT asioiden internet esineiden internet
Further information about courses and studying
Contact person for applications