Design of WWW services
Max amount of FITech students: 40
Persons without a valid study right at a Finnish university or university of applied sciences have preference to this course.
The course deals with designing and implementing WWW sites and interactive services on the Web.
Guest lecturers from academia and industry cover relevant aspects, such as various Web service implementation techniques, usability, web service life span, graphic design, usability, and information security.
The project work done in groups consists of designing and implementing a WWW service and documenting the development process.
During the course, you will
- go through the whole process of creating a finalised WWW service ready to be used by external users.
- gain an understanding of important aspects of WWW development, including service design (user categorisation, functional design, information architecture, information security, graphic design, usability, etc.), service implementation (markup languages, Web programming languages and frameworks, databases, etc.), and content development (content production, copyrights, etc.).
- practice your skills while planning and implementing your service and documenting service development process in a sizable project work exercise. After the course, you will be able to develop a WWW service.
Lectures (online) on Tuesdays at 12:15-14:00 and Wednesdays at 10:15-12:00.
Assessment methods and criteria
The course teaching consists of lectures and project work done in groups. The grading is 100 % based on the project work, which consists of three phases: design phase, demo phase, and final phase. Students receive points after each phase; final grade is given based on the total number of points.
- Lectures 2 x 2 h/week, 12 times. If possible, the lectures are also available live in Zoom and as recordings in MyCourses.
- Group work 106 h (the course in total 130 h).
More information in Aalto University’s course page.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
graafinen suunnittelu, web-palvelut, käytettävyys, selainohjelmointi, palvelumuotoilu, informaatioarkkitehtuuri, tietoturva, koodaus, koodaaminen, devaus, devaaja, web ohjelmointikielet
Further information about the studies
Contact person for applications