Core contents of the course:
- Specification, design and analysis of synchronous logic. Different levels of description abstractions in digital system.
- Combinational gate networks. Two and multi-level gate networks. Critical path.
- Sequential networks. Mealy and Moore state machines. Timing analysis and determination of clock speed.
- Standard modules. Connecting modules using bus structures. Data and control paths. Register transfer level.
- FPGA architecture and usage in digital design. Design tools and methodologies.
This course gives knowledge of specification, design, implementation and analysis of digital systems. Students learn to know the theory of combinational and sequential systems, especially the design of state machines. Students master state-of-the art design tools, and can select the best specification and implementation description for typical design tasks. FPGA platforms are used to carry out real implementations. After the course, students can implement real FPGA-based digital systems.
More information in Tampere University’s study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
digitaalinen suunnittelu, konesuunnittelu, digitaaliset järjestelmät
Further information about the studies
Contact person for applications