Max amount of FITech students: 20 adult learners (including max. 10 degree students)
This is a supporting course.
Upon completion of the course the student will be able to:
- describe the characteristics of the different business sectors in the Nordic electricity market
- explain electricity price formation
- explain the operation principle of the power exchange
- identify and describe the products of the power exchange
- select the right risk management method for electricity trade
- describe the tasks of the different parties in an electric power system in maintaining technical and commercial power balance, including demand side management
- describe the motivations and principles of electricity market deregulation.
This is an online course with distant learning, video lectures in Moodle and weekly assignments.
Assessment is based on weekly assignments.
More information in LUT University’s Sisu course page.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Further information about the studies
Contact person for applications