Electrochemical energy conversion
Due to limited space, the application has been closed a bit earlier then previously informed.
During this course, different type of electrochemical cells used for electrochemical energy conversion and storage applications are presented. These include for example batteries, fuel cells and hydrogen electrolyser. The students get acquainted with the operation of these cells and effect of the electrochemically active material properties on their performance. Assembly of electrochemical energy cells is practiced, and electrochemical analysis methods used to characterize them are introduced.
After the course the student will be able to
- name the most common electrochemical cells used for electrochemical energy conversion and storage
- know typical applications for the above-mentioned cells
- know how electrochemically active materials function during electrochemical energy conversion and storage reactions
- apply electrochemical theories for understanding the behavior of the cells used for electrochemical energy conversion and storage
- apply electrochemical analysis methods for investigation of electrochemical energy conversion and storage cells
Attendance at some teaching events and laboratory exercises is compulsory. There will not be an exam; the evaluation is based on exercises, lab works with reports, and a project work.
More information on the Aalto University course page.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Contact person for applications