Enabling energy internet via machine-type communications
The course gives an introduction to IoT-based systems and focuses on the following topics:
- Basics of machine-type communications
- Applications and modes of operation (mMTC, URLLC and broadband)
- Energy internet: Packetised management of the energy system
- Examples of IoT-enabled energy internet via MTC
- Cloud-based services and system platform for energy internet via MTC
- Student presentations about different standards
After the course, the student will be able to:
- define what is energy internet and how the technological advances in machine-type communications (MTC) are enabling its development
- model human and machine type traffic
- differentiate operation modes ofthe internet of things (IoT), namely ultra-reliable low-latency communications (URLLC) and massive machine-type communications (mMTC) in addition to the broadband communications
- propose possible ways to manage the energy system based on packetised energy together with the required IoT/MTC solutions.
More information in LUT University’s WebOodi course page.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Further information about the studies
Contact person for applications