Enabling energy internet via machine-type communications
The course introduces the different definitions of Energy Internet and how the technological advances in machine-type communications (MTC) are enabling its development. A review of the state-of-the-art in both communication and power grid will be provided.
- Introduction to IoT-based systems
- Basics of machine-type communications
- Applications and extreme modes of operation in 5G (massive MTC, ultra-reliable low-latency communications and broadband)
- Energy Internet: Packetised management of the energy system
- IoT-enabled energy internet via MTC: Examples
- Energy internet via MTC: Future perspectives.
After the course, the student will be able to:
- define what is energy internet and how the technological advances in machine-type communications (MTC) are enabling its development
- model human and machine type traffic
- differentiate operation modes ofthe internet of things (IoT), namely ultra-reliable low-latency communications (URLLC) and massive machine-type communications (mMTC) in addition to the broadband communications
- propose possible ways to manage the energy system based on packetised energy together with the required IoT/MTC solutions.
The course is an online course and the material is found on the course platform.
More information in LUT University’s Sisu course page.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Further information about the studies
Contact person for applications