Max amount of FITech students: 60 adult learners
Are you interested in image processing, pattern recognition or systems control? This course gives you insight about how you can perform these and many other task with fuzzy logic. You learn to implement simple fuzzy algorithms from scratch and use existing popular tools.
- Fuzzy sets, fuzzy logic and fuzzy numbers
- Type-1 and Type-2 Mamdani and Sugeno inference systems
- Learning fuzzy models from data
- Applications of fuzzy methods to data analysis, control theory and image processing
- Mathematical foundations of fuzzy logic
After having passed the course you are able to
- describe the basic concepts of fuzzy sets and fuzzy logic
- explain how fuzzy sets and fuzzy logic differ from traditional set theory and logic
- explain how fuzzy methods compare to other probabilistic approaches to model uncertainty
- apply fuzzy methods to model and solve various engineering problems such as pattern recognition, systems control and image processing
- implement simple fuzzy algorithms from scratch and use existing popular tools
- critically read scientific publications applying fuzzy methods and reproduce the experiments.
Prerecorded videos, lecture slides, exercise handouts. Scientific articles and other reading material distributed during the class.
Schedule will be published later in Peppi (University of Vaasa study guide). There will be some deadlines for exercises etc.
- The grade is determined based on the exam and project work.
- The grade can be further improved by active participation in the teaching sessions and returning weekly exercises.
- Grade: 1 – 5 or fail.
More information in the University of Vaasa study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Further information about the course and studying
Contact person for applications