The course gives a broad overview of how games and game-related technologies shape our lives. The course enables the student to understand and analyse the pervasiveness of games and game-related technologies in different domains of culture and society, how they affect and shape our behaviors and interactions with the world.
After completing the course, the students has an overview of e.g. the following topics:
- Relevant terminology and background of gamification
- Theoretical background, e.g. psychological and behavior change related aspects of gamification
- Design aspects related to gamification
- Topical areas of virtual and game economies
- eSports and other forms of games as work
- Gamification of media, health and education
- AR and VR technologies
Course lectures, weekly lecture diaries, weekly peer reviewing of lecture diaries, final essay
More information in Tampere University’s study guide.
Further information about the studies
Contact person for applications