This course makes the students familiar with central processes in gas technology such as gas cooling, heating, storing and combustion.
After this course, the student will be able to
- summarize the most important pathways utilized for gas, biogas and syngas production.
- recognize the main technologies used for gas fluid processing in energy technology.
- analyze the main related parameters involved.
- distinguish and summarize the different routes performed for gas processing.
- evaluate performances, yields and efficiencies.
- assess power cycles.
- analyze and solve problems related to gas utilization for electricity and heat production.
The course is lectured at Åbo Akademi in Vaasa, but it can also be completed remotely. The course is streamed for students following remotely. The course includes lectures, exercises, guided visits, video-lessons, demonstrations, F2F-meetings and readings. During the course, points are collected in connection to the course activities: course test, homework, report and presentation.
- Lectures Mon and Tue at 12.15–14.00
More information in the Åbo Akademi study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Contact person for applications