Introduction to DevOps
The aim of the course is to introduce a student to combination of software development and IT operations.
- Distributed version control systems (DVCS)
- Modern repository hosting platforms, such as GitHub and GitLab
- Repository best practices, management and administration
- Solving repository errors
- Continuous deployment processes
- Executing tests
- Basics of container platforms, such as Docker
- Deploying basic applications from source control systems
At the end of the course the student will be able to
- design and implement repositories for software engineering projects
- understand how the evolution of development practices led to DVCS and DevOps
- understand and solve issues related to versioning and deployment
- set up continuous deployment pipeline
- implement testing and other deployment processes as a part of a DevOps process
Materials presented in the course (Moodle), also available in YouTube. The course utilizes only free-to-use tools.
- Online lectures and exercises 14 h in Moodle, independent reading 14 h, projects 38 h, Wikipedia task and exam 12h. Total 78 h.
- Grading 0-5: project 30%, weekly assignments 30%, Wikipedia tasks 10% and exam 30%.
More information in the LUT University study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Further information about the course and studying
Contact person for applications