Back to all coursesApplication starts on 4.4.2023
Introduction to DevOps
The aim of the course is to introduce a student to combination of software development and IT operations.
- Distributed version control systems (DVCS)
- Modern repository hosting platforms, such as GitHub and GitLab
- Repository best practices, management and administration
- Solving repository errors
- Continuous deployment processes
- Executing tests
- Basics of container platforms, such as Docker
- Deploying basic applications from source control systems
At the end of the course the student will be able to
- design and implement repositories for software engineering projects
- understand how the evolution of development practices led to DVCS and DevOps
- understand and solve issues related to versioning and deployment
- set up continuous deployment pipeline
- implement testing and other deployment processes as a part of a DevOps process
Materials presented in the course (Moodle), also available in YouTube. The course utilizes only free-to-use tools.
- Online lectures and exercises 14 h in Moodle, independent reading 14 h, projects 38 h, Wikipedia task and exam 12h. Total 78 h.
- Grading 0-5: project 30%, weekly assignments 30%, Wikipedia tasks 10% and exam 30%.
More information in the LUT University study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Erno Vanhala, University lecturer
Further information about the course and studying
Uolevi Nikula, ICT coordinator
Contact person for applications
FITech Network University
Fanny Qvickström, Student services specialist
Application starts on 4.4.2023
Application start date:
Who can apply:
Basic knowledge of programming and Linux.
Course suitable for:
Students who have some skills on software development.