Back to all coursesStart here
Introduction to embedded systems
- Binariary arithmetic: Two’s complementary numbers, addition / subtraction, overflow, multiplication, and shifts.
- Combinational logic design: logic gates, truth tables, Boolean algebra.
- Designing sequential logic: concept and structure of a state machine, D-flip, state transition diagram.
- Characteristics of digital circuits: unit delay.
- Computer components: registers, PC, SP, flags, ALU. Program fetch and execution. Machine language. Memory.
- C-language program.
- Subroutines and functions. Stack. Pass of parameters.
After passing the course, the student
- knows simple arithmetic operations with binary numbers and can identify the corresponding digital components
- can design a combinational gate network from a description
- can design a state diagram of the state machine from a description
- can explain how the processor’s CPU and memory operate together to execute a program
- can implement and test simple hardware-based C-language programs utilising software development and debugger tools
- can explain the functionality and limitations of basic computer arithmetic
More information in Tampere University’s study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
C-ohjelmointi ohjelmointi binääri tietokoneet sulautetut järjestelmät
Further information about the studies
Contact person for applications
Study is open for:
Place of contact learning: