Introduction to embedded systems
The course introduces the embedded systems with the related components. The practical skill related to the embedded systems is also learnt as the programming is carried out on an equipment board.
- architecture of a microprocessor
- instruction set and operation
- embedded system design
- programming and development of applications
- embedded system design examples
Upon completion of the course the student will be able to
- identify different microprocessor types and peripheral components in embedded systems.
- describe the operation principles of an embedded system and its peripheral components.
- program and test applications to an embedded system by using C language.
The study material and lecture recordings is found on the course platform. Please note that during the course the programming is carried out on equipment (board) that must be acquired by the student. The information about the required board (Elegoo starter kit + Arduino Mega/Uno) is given during the course.
The schedule is presented at the start of the course.
Moodle exam (50 %), exercises (50 %)
More information in the LUT University study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Further information about the studies
Contact person for applications