Introduction to human computer interaction
Max amount of FITech students: 25
Course contains introduction to human-centered design: what to consider in terms of different users and technologies when designing interactive systems. Practical analysis and design exercises such as user testing and improving usability of user interfaces.
After passing this course the student
- has adopted the basic concepts and terminology in the field of human computer interaction (HCI)
- understands the basic functions and functional principles of user interface
- has reached the readiness for analyzing and developing HCI in a user-centered design process towards improved usability
- is able to apply and modify the user-centered interface design process for small user interface development projects
- is also able to extend their skills and knowledge by studying the subject further on independently.
Lectures are voluntary, for exercises we recommend attendance. Online office hours give possibility to come and ask e.g. for feedback for the group work deliverables. During the course you will conduct a project work in small groups online.
Lectures (possibility to attend online or at University of Vaasa Campus):
- Mon 19.09.2022 08:00-10:00 F426, F426 VEO-Sali
- Wed 21.09.2022 08:00-10:00 D103, D103 Wetteri-Sali
- Fri 30.09.2022 08:00-10:00 F425, F425 TEK-Sali
- Mon 03.10.2022 08:00-10:00 D103, D103 Wetteri-Sali
- Fri 07.10.2022 08:00-10:00 F425, F425 TEK-Sali
- Mon 10.10.2022 10:00-12:00 F425, F425 TEK-Sali
- Wed 26.10.2022 08:00-10:00 F425, F425 TEK-Sali
- Thu 27.10.2022 12:00-14:00 F425, F425 TEK-Sali
- Mon 31.10.2022 10:00-12:00 F425, F425 TEK-Sali
- Tue 01.11.2022 14:00-16:00 F425, F425 TEK-Sali
- Tue 08.11.2022 14:00-16:00 F425, F425 TEK-Sali
- Wed 09.11.2022 08:00-10:00 D102, D102 Säästöpankki-sali
- Mon 17.10.2022 12:00-16:00
- Thu 17.11.2022 12:00-16:00
Online office hours for possibility to ask feedback:
- Tue 25.10.2022 10:00-12:00 online
- Tue 15.11.2022 10:00-12:00 online
- Tue 29.11.2022 10:00-12:00 online
More information in University of Vaasa’s course page.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
käyttöliittymä käyttöliittymäsuunnittelu UI design käyttäjäkeskeinen suunnittelu
Contact person for applications
User interfaces and usability