Introduction to human computer interaction
Max amount of FITech students: 25 adult learners
Course contains introduction to human-centered design: what to consider in terms of different users and technologies when designing interactive systems. Practical analysis and design exercises such as user testing and improving usability of user interfaces.
After passing this course the student
- has adopted the basic concepts and terminology in the field of human computer interaction (HCI)
- understands the basic functions and functional principles of user interface
- has reached the readiness for analyzing and developing HCI in a user-centered design process towards improved usability
- is able to apply and modify the user-centered interface design process for small user interface development projects
- is also able to extend their skills and knowledge by studying the subject further on independently.
- Lectures (possibility to attend online or at University of Vaasa Campus)
- Exercises (online)
- Project work in small groups (online)
Lectures are voluntary, for exercises we recommend attendance. Online office hours give possibility to come and ask e.g. for feedback for the group work deliverables.
More information in University of Vaasa’s course page. Detailed information about the autumn course implementation will be available in Peppi.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
käyttöliittymä käyttöliittymäsuunnittelu UI design käyttäjäkeskeinen suunnittelu
Contact person for applications
User interfaces and usability