Back to all coursesStart here
Introduction to sustainable digital life
The Introduction to sustainable digital life MOOC is a part of the master’s programme in Sustainable Digital Life. The course introduces the main themes of the Sustainable Digital Life programme. The course consists of topical online lectures, reading materials and written assignments.
The course consists of the following themes:
- Digital literacy
- Digital ethics
- Diversity, normality and disability
- Perspectives on sustainability
- Visual culture
- Sound culture
- Service design
- Sustainable design
- Accessible design
- Sound design
- Visual design
After completing the Introduction to sustainable digital life MOOC course, the student
- understands foundations of sustainability in digital services.
- recognizes the concepts of diversity and digital ethics.
- knows the basic principles on how to design digital services in sustainable and accessible manner.
- can identify the most important audio and visual culture related themes.
More information in the Tampere University study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Digital literacy, accessibility, design, saavutettavuus, kestävyys, pelillistäminen, palvelumuotoilu, suunnittelu
Further information about the courses and studying
Teemu Rauhala, ICT coordinator
Anna Vähämäki, Programme coordinator
Markku Turunen, Professor
Who can apply: