This course focuses on measurement systems and introduces basic skills to understand the measurement of physical quantities.
The course introduces the basic concepts related to the measurement system and provides the skills to define properties related to the measuring of quantities. The participant will learn the static and dynamic properties of a measurement system and knows how to define them to different measurement equipment. Also the analog and digital measurements are learnt and the signal analysis related to them.
Upon completion of the course a student will be able to apply fundamentals of measurement and understand analog and digital signal conversions. The basic skills are useful when designing measurement systems for different applications.
- Static properties of measurements
- Measurement accuracy and uncertainty
- Dynamic properties of measurements
- Signal conversions with AD and DA conversions
- Digital and analog signal I/O connections
- Digital filtering of measured signals
- Digital measurement and control with machine vision and RF tags
- Applications of digital and wireless measurement and control
The course is an online course and the material is found on the course platform. The course can be studied anytime, anywhere. There is no specific schedule, students can study at their own pace.
The Matlab software is used on the course and the university will provide a student licence.
There will be 14 short exercises which can be submitted at your own pace.
More information in the LUT University study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Contact person for applications