If you are taking this course as part of a FITech minor, please note that all minors will be offered for the last time in the academic year 2021-2022. Please check the individual courses for updates regarding future availability.
You can apply for this course through Open University at the University of Turku.
The course introduces mixed reality (especially virtual and augmented reality), the underlying technologies, application areas, and the design principles, process and tools for creating the applications.
- Mixed reality
- Virtual reality
- Augmented reality
- Human-computer interaction
After the completion of the course the student has an overall grasp of mixed reality as a field: What technologies are covered by it, how the technologies are maturing, where and how they are used and how the applications are created.
By the end of the course the student
- understands the mixed reality terminology, the categories of technologies and their main working principles.
- understands the mixed reality device categories, main device features and the historical and ongoing development of devices.
- understands the special requirements of mixed reality to user experience design.
- understands the development process of mixed reality applications.
- can apply typical tools in creating simple mixed reality applications.
- can apply mixed reality in designing solutions for creating added value in typical use sectors.
Some of the lectures and exercises will be held on campus. Exercises require use of VR device at campus.
More information in the University of Turku study guide.
digitalisaatio digitalisation digitalization technology VR AR MR käytettävyys vuorovaikutus virtuaalitodellisuus
Further information about the studies
Contact person for applications