You can apply for this course through Open University at the University of Turku.
- Mixed reality
- Virtual reality
- Augmented reality
- Human-computer interaction
The course introduces mixed reality (especially virtual and augmented reality), the underlying technologies, application areas, and the design principles, process and tools for creating the applications.
After the completion of the course the student has an overall grasp of mixed reality as a field: What technologies are covered by it, how the technologies are maturing, where and how they are used and how the applications are created.
By the end of the course the student:
- understands the mixed reality terminology, the categories of technologies and their main working principles
- understands the mixed reality device categories, main device features and the historical and ongoing development of devices
- understands the special requirements of mixed reality to user experience design
- understands the development process of mixed reality applications
- can apply typical tools in creating simple mixed reality applications
- can apply mixed reality in designing solutions for creating added value in typical use sectors
The teaching materials of the course are mainly available in Moodle as videos. Materials are divided into modules of 1–2 weeks, and each module needs to be completed by the deadline. There are weekly online support sessions available. At the end of each module, there is an online feedback session where the questions of the module are discussed.
More info on University of Turku’s study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
digitalisaatio digitalisation digitalization technology VR AR MR käytettävyys vuorovaikutus virtuaalitodellisuus
Further information about the studies
Contact person for applications