Patterns in communications ecosystems
Max amount of FITech students: 10
The main topics are:
- The complexity of simple, chaotic and extremely complex systems.
- System interventions and the metrics used to measure the success of the interventions.
- The role of human behavior and Quality of Experience in communication ecosystems.
- Value of services, willingness to pay and the long tail model.
- Prisoners dilemma and tragedy of commons, selfish and co-operative strategies in the context of communications networks and services.
- Zero-sum games and the mixed strategy with real-life applications.
The main objective is to understand the nature of complex systems. The course provides tools to measure, analyse, and understand the extremely complex ecosystem of communications in which technical, social and economic aspects are intermixed in a dynamic way.
More information on the Aalto University course page.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Contact person for applications