Professional software engineering processes and human factors
Max amount of FITech students: 30
Persons without a valid study right at a Finnish university or university of applied sciences have preference to this course.
This course gives an introduction to different approaches to structure software development project, how to organise individuals taking part in software development, and how to continuously improve your software development processes and practice.
- Module 1: Theory and cases software development process models
- Module 2: Human factors in software development, recognising individual and team characteristics, and cultivating personal awareness and development pathways
- Module 3: Theory and cases of software process improvement
After completing the course the student will be able to
- recognise and describe software development processes models.
- evaluate and compare their applicability in different contexts.
- take human factors into account in planning and operating in professional software development.
- analyse their own strengths and improvement areas as software engineers and their role in development team to see opportunities for development.
- participate in systematic efforts for improvement in software development organisations.
Shared in Moodle environment (for example, scientific papers and video materials). Free online tools. Videos, introduction lecture, online assignments, lectures of visiting professionals, group work and presentations.
Completing individual assignments, group work, active participation in peer feedback. Possibility to request coaching from teacher e.g., for group work and presentations (responsible person: Nirnaya Tripathi).
More information in the University of Oulu study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Further information about the course and studying
Contact person for applications