Programming 2: Structures
- Dividing program code into manageable parts and other style issues. Modularity and use of classes. Basics of object-oriented programming.
- STL (Standard Template Library). Basic containers (vector, set, map). Iterators.
- Values, references, and pointers. Dynamic memory management. Basics of dynamic data structures. Linked list. Smart pointers.
- Basics of programming graphical user interfaces. Most common GUI widgets. Basics of signal-slot mechanism.
- Version control (in single programmer’s projects).
- Compiling compared to interpreting.
A student attaining grade “good” can design and implement smallish programs independently: the student is able to divide the program to parts that can be implemented separately in a practicable way plus design simple data structures and algorithms. The student can evaluate the structure of a program written by another person.
Please check with the teacher before taking the course exam if the electronic exam is linked to a specific class.
More information in Tampere University’s study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
ohjelmointi perustaso, olio-ohjelmointi, UI, graafinen käyttöliittymä, koodaus, koodaaminen, devaus, devaaja, devaaminen, GIT
Further information about the studies
Contact person for applications