Project portfolio management
Max amount of FITech students: 30
This course teaches the students project portfolio management from multiple points of view. Students learn what is a portfolio, a program and a project.
For example the following topics are part of the course:
- project portfolio management process
- project evaluation methods (quantitative and qualitative)
- risk management approaches
- role of PMO in portfolio management.
After completing the course, the student
- has a holistic understanding of project portfolio management
- will understand what are project portfolios and their role in today’s industry
- will learn how project portfolio management creates value for the company
- will learn practical methods and techniques to design, build and control project portfolios
- will also learn approaches to handle uncertainty and risks as unavoidable elements in project portfolio management.
Course develops critical and analytical thinking as well as organisational operation skills.
Course doesn’t require attendance.
More information on University of Vaasa’s course page.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Further information about the studies
Contact person for applications