Project portfolio management
Max amount of FITech students: 30
This course teaches the students project portfolio management from multiple points of view. Students learn what is a portfolio, a program and a project.
For example the following topics are part of the course:
- project portfolio management process
- project evaluation methods (quantitative and qualitative)
- risk management approaches
- role of PMO in portfolio management.
After completing the course, the student
- has a holistic understanding of project portfolio management
- will understand what are project portfolios and their role in today’s industry
- will learn how project portfolio management creates value for the company
- will learn practical methods and techniques to design, build and control project portfolios
- will also learn approaches to handle uncertainty and risks as unavoidable elements in project portfolio management.
Course develops critical and analytical thinking as well as organisational operation skills.
Course has a written exam and written group work.
More information on University of Vaasa’s course page.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Further information about the studies
Contact person for applications