Project portfolio management
Max amount of FITech students: 30
This course teaches the students project portfolio management from multiple points of view. Students learn what is a portfolio, a program and a project.
For example the following topics are part of the course:
- project portfolio management process
- project evaluation methods (quantitative and qualitative)
- risk management approaches
- role of PMO in portfolio management.
After completing the course, the student
- has a holistic understanding of project portfolio management
- will understand what are project portfolios and their role in today’s industry
- will learn how project portfolio management creates value for the company
- will learn practical methods and techniques to design, build and control project portfolios
- will also learn approaches to handle uncertainty and risks as unavoidable elements in project portfolio management.
The course develops critical and analytical thinking as well as organisational operation skills.
This is an online course. The Zoom meetings have a fixed schedule.
- The course kick-off session has compulsory online attendance.
- Other lectures are recordings.
- The team work presentation is also given as a recorded video.
- The final session is real-time and optional.
- The course includes 6 individual assignments that have set weekly deadlines.
- Group assignment and a learning diary, deadlines a few days before the course feedback session on the final day.
The course completion requires written reports, which need to be handed in according to a fixed schedule.
More information in the University of Vaasa study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Further information about the studies
Contact person for applications