Smart grids – active networks and microgrids
This is a supporting course.
After completing this course successfully, the student
- understands drivers for smart grids and can identify impacts of large-scale integration of renewable energy resources (RES)
- has knowledge about distributed energy resources (DER)
- has basic knowledge about DER units control and management
- has knowledge about dynamics, control and protection of microgrids
- is familiar with different grid codes related to DER and smart grids and understands their need and effect on active network management and protection
- has knowledge about need for increased cooperation between distribution and transmission networks
- understands power quality and network planning aspects due to large-scale integration of DER in MV and LV distribution networks
- has basic knowledge about new service operators and new market and business models of future active network concepts
- can apply simulation tools to study the network interconnection and control effects of DER
Course develops lifelong learning and interpersonal skills.
More information in University of Vaasa’s WebOodi course page.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
älyverkko älykäs sähköverkko uusiutuvat energianlähteet
Contact person for applications