Software engineering methodologies
This course gives students basic skills needed in software project work.
- Know principles and general issues of SW projects, including effort estimation and tracking techniques.
- Know their backgrounds and general principles of life-cycle models. Can be a project member in a Scrum (agile) team without additional training.
- Know common quality assurance techniques. Basic knowledge of quality systems and standards. Basic knowledge of maturity models.
- Know principles of requirement management. Know how to handle requirements in Scrum.
- Know principles of configuration and version management. Know how to apply CM in practical projects.
Complementary/specialist knowledge include topics such as:
- Can set-up a project team, and plan, track and steer a SW project.
- Can be a Scrum master without additional training.
- Can select required quality assurance practices for a team.
- Can act as a product owner in a project.
- Can select and adapt life-cycle models for the organization.
- Understands what is expected from organization when preparing for quality audits.
More information in Tampere University’s study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
ohjelmointi ohjelmisto projekti versionhallinta projektinhallinta elinkaariajattelu ketterä laadunvarmistus testaus principles of SW projects effort estimation requirements quality assurance configuration version management
Further information about the studies
Contact person for applications