System architecture of IoT
With the past development of embedded system design, communication technology and energy management techniques, Internet of Things (IoT) emerged as a new paradigm. This new paradigm enable the development of new services exploiting the interconnection of devices surrounding us. The purpose of this course is to expose the students to the key concepts of system architecture for IoT applications.
By the end of the course the student will be able to:
- Understand the fundamental of IoT technologies
- List and explain non-functional constraints (performance, energy, cost, etc.) when designing an IoT system architecture
- Understand how to manipulate, process and visual sensor data
- Learn design techniques for energy efficient embedded systems
Student can choose to study the course online or attend the lectures in Turku. The exam is organised in Turku or Vaasa.
More information on Åbo Akademi’s course page.
- Weeks 2–11: Wednesdays at 10–12
- Weeks 3–11: Mondays at 10–12
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Further information about the studies
Contact person for applications