This course provides an overview of the principles, standards, and techniques required to build interactive web applications and web services following W3C standard recommendations.
The course will cover topics such as:
- Basics of Internet protocols
- Building web services using stateless protocols
- Object-relational Mappers Authentication and session management
- Scalability and deployment
- Web development frameworks based on the Model-View-Controller pattern.
We will apply the concepts in practice using React JS on the client side and Django framework on the server-side.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the fundamental principles and concepts used in the design and implementation of web applications
- Select appropriate frameworks and techniques to implement interactive Web application
- Design and implement interactive and user-friendly web applications
Evaluation is based on a project.
More information in Åbo Akademi’s studiehandboken.
NB! You will find this course under the name “FITech-ICT Fall 2020” on the application form.
Further information about the studies
Contact person for applications