Wireless communications I
Max amount of FITech students: 30
Persons without a valid study right to a Finnish university have preference to this course.
- Radio channel models
- Digital modulation and detection methods
- Carrier and symbol synchronisation
- Performance of digital modulation in AWGN and fading channel
- Diversity techniques
- Coding for wireless channel
- Multicarrier modulation
- Spread spectrum
- Cellular systems
After completing the course, the student
- can analyse the performance of multilevel digital modulation methods in AWGN channel
- can explain the effect of fading channel on the performance of the modulation method and can analyse the performance
- recognises and understand suitable diversity methods for fading channel and related combining methods
- understands and can explain coding methods for wireless channels
- recognises different wideband systems
- understands the cellular system principle.
Lectures are organised on campus. Minor exams (only during lecture period) or final exam, possibly organised on campus. Changes are possible.
The course can be completed largely online by studying independently.
More information on the University of Oulu course page.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Telecommunication Engineering WCII
Further information about the course and studying
Contact person for applications