Wireless communications I
Max amount of FITech students: 30
- radio channel models,
- digital modulation and detection methods,
- carrier and symbol synchronization,
- performance of digital modulation in AWGN and fading channel,
- diversity techniques,
- coding for wireless channel,
- multicarrier modulation,
- spread spectrum,
- cellular systems
After completing the course, student
- can analyze the performance of multilevel digital modulation methods in AWGN channel,
- can explain the effect of fading channel on the performance of the modulation method and can analyze the performance,
- recognizes and understand suitable diversity methods for fading channel and related combining methods,
- understands and can explain coding methods for wireless channels,
- recognizes different wideband systems, and
- understands the cellular system principle.
Recorded lectures and exercises from previous year are available.
More information on the University of Oulu course page.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Telecommunication Engineering WCII
Further information about the course and studying
Contact person for applications