The aim of this course is to give an up-to-date overview of modern wireless access technologies. The emphasis is put on networking side of these technologies.
- Cellular networks
- WLAN systems (802.11)
- WPAN/WBAN systems (802.15)
Advanced wireless networks
- Ad hoc wireless networks
- Wireless sensor networks
- Wireless mesh networks
- Special systems (vehicular V2X/V2V)
After passing the course, the student is able to
- understand the main way for wireless network evolution.
- understand principal design difference between WAN/LAN wireless systems.
- explain evolution of IEEE 802.11 technologies.
- explain evolution of cellular systems.
- understand details of multiple access in wireless systems.
- understand details of random access protocols.
- explain the concept of ad-hoc/sensor/mesh wireless networking systems.
Lecture notes, slides and other complementary materials
Project work and exam. For FITech students, flexible mechanisms are pursued.
More information in the Tampere University study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
5G, 6G, tietoliikennetekniikka, tietoliikenneverkot, tiedonsiirtotekniikka, langaton teknologia, langattomat verkot, mobiiliverkot, Internet, esineiden Internet, teollinen Internet
Further information about the course and studying
Contact person for applications