Battery energy storages in smart grids
After completing the course, the student
- is able to understand reasons for power system changes, impact of these changes and need for utilization of flexible resources like battery energy storages to manage the impacts
- understands the key role of battery energy storages in the future power system in which more flexibility and controllability will be needed at all voltage levels
- has strong knowledge about basics of battery technologies their modeling and management and overview of battery storage solutions in Smart Grids, smart homes and hybrid power plants.
In addition, the course will cover topics related to electric vehicles effects on Smart Grids and multi-objective management of batteries in future power systems. Course exercise(s) will enable student to obtain in-depth understanding related to some relevant battery storage topic.
The course consists of two parts:
- Battery energy storages in smart grids, part 1, 3 ECTS
- Battery energy storages in smart grids, part 2, 2 ECTS
Part 1: Lectures (20 h) and online final examination (Moodle), Part 2: Written assignment
When applying for the course, you have the option to complete both parts (5 ECTS in total). If you only complete one part, you will get 2/3 ECTS.
More information can be found in the University of Vaasa study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Lisätietoa opintojen suorittamisesta
Hakua koskevat kysymykset