Bayesian data analysis
Max amount of FITech students: 100
Persons without a valid study right to a Finnish university have preference to this course.
Mastering the prerequisite skills is very important in order to complete this course.
- Bayesian probability theory and bayesian inference
- Bayesian models and their analysis
- Computational methods, Markov-Chain Monte Carlo
After the course, the student
- can explain the central concepts in Bayesian statistics, and name steps of the Bayesian modeling process.
- can recognize usages for common (i.e. those presented during the course) statistical models, and formulate the models in these situations.
- can compare the most popular Bayesian simulation methods, and implement them.
- can use analytic and simulation based methods for learning the parameters of a given model.
- can estimate the fit of a model to data and compare models.
More information on Aalto University’s WebOodi course page.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Further information about the studies
Contact person for applications