Cyber security I: Fundamentals
- Information, computing, networking and cyber systems as platforms of threats.
- Cyber security as a special form of security and a variation of information security.
- Application areas of information security.
- General mechanisms and principles of information security.
- Key sources of security knowledge: standards, guidelines and legislation.
- Different levels and areas of security expertise.
After completing the course, the student
- identifies security and privacy threats and responsibilities;
- has a wide knowledge of the concepts, principles and mechanisms of information security;
- knows what kind of additional knowledge and skills is needed to perform various information security tasks in different application areas.
This online course is completed independently and can be taken at your own pace. You need to register to Harpo and contact the teacher by email. (No explanations are needed: this is just how the independent studies work at the moment as the registrations are not fully automatic.)
More information in the Tampere University study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Further information about the course and studying
Contact person for applications