Introduction to IoT-based systems
The course introduces Internet of Things (IoT) systems as well as basics of concepts that are necessary to understand IoT systems.
- Introduction to IoT systems where the definition of systems, information and communication
- Introduction to networks and their different topologies
- The structure of awareness
- Reflexive-active systems
- Basics of queuing theory
- Basics of game theory
- Examples of IoT-based systems
After the course, the student will be able to
- define systems, information and communication
- differentiate the physical and symbolic realities
- work with the concept of structure of awareness
- characterise the internet of things (IoT) and cyber-physical systems
- model and analyse systems as constituted by physical, information and decision-making layers
- use basic Python libraries in Jupyter notebooks to analyse IoT-based systems.
These skills are needed to built IoT systems for practical industrial applications.
Weekly video lectures that are available online. Lecture notes and other material can be found on the course platform.
Weekly assignments 60 % + final work 40 %.
More information in the LUT University study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
esineiden internet, asioiden internet, Python kirjastot, teollisuus, IoT järjestelmä, jonoteoria
Further information about the course
Contact person for applications